Birds of the Atlantic Rainforest
ON THIS TOUR STARTING IN SÃO PAULO WE WILL GO TO SOME OF THE BEST SPOTS IN THE ATLANTIC RAINFOREST TO PHOTOGRAPH COLORFUL BIRDS AND THE RICH BIODIVERSITY OF THIS ECOSSYSTEM.
Your tour leader will prepare feeder setups to produce great quality photos of many different bird species, including stars like Saffron Toucanet, Red-breasted and Channel-billed Toucans, Blond-crested and Yellow-fronted Woodpeckers, Green-headed and Red-necked Tanagers, among many more. Hummingbird multi-flash setups will also be prepared for your use. The system is compatible with every camera brand.
Difficult, shy birds from the interior of the forest can also be photographed with special attraction techniques or feeder setups in the forest. These include Solitary and Brown Tinamous, Brazilian Antthrush, Spot-winged Wood-Quail, Slaty-breasted Wood-Rail, etc.
Attractions can vary a lot depending on time of the year, from nesting Ornate Hawk-Eagle to the endangered Black-fronted Piping-Guans and Red-ruffed Fruitcrows feeding on the Palmito berries. Mammals may be seen as well, like Tayra, Tapir, Paca and monkeys.
- All road transportation on comfortable car or van, depending on group size
- Fully hosted trip from São Paulo
- Double occupancy accomodations (single rooms are available)
- Meals as stated in the itinerary
- Mineral water
- Multi-flash setup (flashes, transmitters, diffusers, batteries, etc)
- Park entrance fees
- Air tickets
- Drinks other than water
- Meals outside the itinerary or meals ordered outside breakfast, lunch or dinner
- Best from May to November
- Itinerary is adaptable to your preferences
- US$ 2.900 per person
- Price based on 2 guests sharing a room
- Practically everything included from São Paulo.
- Great number of different bird species coming to our feeder setups.
- Hummingbird multi-flash setup included.
- This tour is suitable for spouses or non-photographer companions as well.
- Level of difficulty is generally easy to medium, with no specially difficult trails or hikes.
- Have more doubts? Check our FAQ or contact us.