PUMAS OF PATAGONIA AUGUST 2024
ONE OF THE MOST SPECTACULAR WILDLIFE EXPERIENCES ANYWHERE. PHOTOGRAPH PUMAS AT CLOSE RANGE AMONG THE BREATHTAKING LANDSCAPE OF TORRES DEL PAINE NATIONAL PARK WITH THE ASSISTANCE OF A 4X4.
We have been organizing Puma photo tours since 2013, so over the years we have, through experience, developed the best itinerary for photographers, always having fantastic results. On this tour to southern Chile we are going to use comfortable 4×4 vehicles to quickly and effectively access the higher parts of an extensive private land adjacent to Torres del Paine National Park and use the services of expert Puma trackers to photograph these “ghost cats” at close range. Our rate of success is very high and rarely there is a day we don’t photograph at least one Puma, in fact the normal is to have a few encounters a day. Other wildlife found on this tour includes the abundant Guanaco, Gray and Culpeo Foxes, Humboldt’s Hog-nosed Skunk and many birds like White-tufted and Great Grebes, varied duck species, Black-necked Swan, Andean Condor, Black-chested Buzzard-Eagle, Magellanic Woodpecker, etc.
For these tours, in late July and early August, there is a high chance for snow, which makes the experience different and special. Winter is our favorite time of the year in Patagonia, everything is more calm, we have more freedom to explore as there are less groups and it’s excellent for Pumas. Temperatures average from -5º C (23º F) to 6º C (43º F) but there is usually much less wind even windless days, so, as long as you are properly dressed, it doesn’t feel very cold really. Light is incredible throughout the day.
- Double occupancy accommodation on superior rooms (single rooms may be available)
- All meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Drinks on the field
- All road transportation on comfortable 4x4s (max of 3 clients per car)
- Puma tracking services
- Photography guiding services
- Park entrance fees
- Air tickets
- Drinks at the hotel
- PCR testing
- Hotel in Punta Arenas (if needed/desired)
- Ground transfers in Punta Arenas (if needed/desired)
- Travel and cancellation insurance
- 01 – 09 Aug, 2024
- Min. of 4, max. of only 5 guests
- US$ 9.900 per person, US$ 1.095 additional for single room
- Two 4×4’s will be used.
- Use of comfortable 4×4’s to explore the private land in search of pumas.
- 5 full days of Puma photography, with extremelly high chances for close encounters with Pumas and other wildlife.
- Level of difficulty is moderate. While most Pumas that we find are right next to the 4×4’s, on other occasions some hiking on sloping hills is necessary. However, the hiking is greatly reduced compared to non-4×4 tours.
- It’s nearly sea level, so there’re no problems with high alttitude.
- Includes 2 days at fantastic Lago Grey Hotel, with incredible opportunities for landscape photography as well, including Grey Glacier.
- Our highly experienced Puma tracker works from his own vehicle to increase our chances and coordinates with the tour leader through radio.
- Have more doubts? Check our FAQ or contact us.