ATLANTIC RAINFOREST EXTENSION 2022
THE ATLANTIC RAINFOREST IS ONE OF THE MOST BIODIVERSE HABITATS OF THE WORLD, HOME TO A HUGE NUMBER OF ENDEMIC SPECIES. ON THIS EXTENSION WE WILL FOCUS ON PHOTOGRAPHING THE COLORFUL BIRDS OF THIS RICH FOREST.
We will stay at a small lodge fully devoted to bird photography and birdwatching. Located about 4 hours south of São Paulo city, this place is famous for its incredible feeders loaded with dozens of different bird species, many of which will unashamedly eat directly from your hands! Some of the regular feeder birds here includes Saffron Toucanet, Red-breasted Toucan, Yellow-fronted and Blond-crested Woodpeckers, Magpie and Green-headed Tanagers, Maroon-bellied Parakeets, Scale-throated Hermit and many more.
A forest hide will give you the opportunity to shoot more elusive birds and the trails will give you access to the forest interior, full of lush tropical life and varied photo opportunities.
- Fully hosted trip from São Paulo
- All road transportation on comfortable private vans
- Double occupancy accomodations (single rooms are available, specially for early bookings)
- All meals during the itinerary
- Meals outside our rainforest lodge
- 04 Sept – 06 Sept, 2022. (Complete Pantanal Sept.)
- 21 Sept – 23 Sept, 2022. (Complete Pantanal Oct.)
- Maximum of only 6 guests.
- US$ 900 per person, US$ 130 additional for single room.
- Excellent opportunities to photograph at close range colorful rainforest birds.
- Multi-flash setup to photograph hummingbirds.
- Some mammals can be seen too, like Tayra, Tapir and Paca.
- Level of difficulty is easy for photographing at the feeders. Optionally, you can explore some of the trails, which are also quite easy.
- Have more doubts? Check our FAQ or contact us.